|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
Neurotic Outsiders was a supergroup founded in 1995, consisting of Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan of Guns N' Roses, and John Taylor of Duran Duran. The first line-up featured Billy Idol and Steve Stevens (together with McKagan and Sorum), but they were soon replaced by Jones and Taylor. The group was originally called Neurotic Boy Outsiders.
Originally a gathering of friends jamming together at the Viper Room, they eventually recorded one eponymous album on Maverick Records in 1996, and did a brief tour of Europe and North America. The album, which was the first release by the band and is now out of print, was followed up by the "Angelina" 5 song EP in 1997. It was released only in Japan and contained 5 tracks.
They reunited briefly in April 1999 for three shows at the Viper Room.
This wasn't the first time Guns N' Roses members and Steve Jones had collaborated. Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses, and Ian Astbury, Billy Duffy, and Mickey Curry, all from The Cult, which Matt Sorum played with both before and after Guns N' Roses, all made guest appearances on the Steve Jones solo album Fire and Gasoline.
- Last lineup
- Duff McKagan – guitar, bass, vocals , Lead Vocals on 4,7,12
- Matt Sorum – drums, vocals
- Steve Jones – guitar, vocals, Lead Vocals on 1,3,8,9,10,11
- John Taylor – bass, vocals, Lead Vocals on 2,5,6
- Previous members
Track listing for albumEdit
All tracks composed by Steve Jones except where indicated
- "Nasty Ho" – 4:32
- "Always Wrong" (John Taylor) – 3:25
- "Angelina" – 2:55
- "Good News" – 3:32
- "Better Way" (Jones, John Taylor) – 4:22
- "Feelings Are Good" (John Taylor) – 3:23
- "Revolution" – 3:48
- "Jerk" – 4:10
- "Union" – 4:29
- "Janie Jones" (Joe Strummer, Mick Jones) – 1:53
- "Story of My Life" – 4:10
- "Six Feet Under" (Jones, Duff McKagan) – 4:00
Script errorScript error